Re: The Pump

Wed Jun 14 10:01:12 2000

I think you're referring to a device that is implanted and continuously provides a flow of pain killer to nerves in the spine. One unit is made by Medtronics of Minneapolis, MN. It works for some patients.

Another type of implanted device provides an electrical stimulation to nerves in the spine. It works by "interrupting" the pain signals to the brain.

These devices are well known, and your doctor should be able to give you complete information.

-----Original Message----- From: Peralta Sandy [mailto:sandy.peralta@sbt.siemens.com] Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2000 9:22 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: The Pump

Hello. My name is Sandy and I was searching the web in regards to the spinal surgery "The Pump". My family recently saw a documentary on the TV news show Dateline and it caught our attention. My mother has been seeking information on this surgery as she lives in pain everyday and has already had 2 spinal surgery's. She is very interested in obtaining information however it is not easy to come by and unfortunalty there is nothing to go by within Canada (we live in Calgary, Alberta). I am actually trying to find someone who can help us and give us some information regarding the surgery, side affects, success rate etc. I noted that you were willing to give your mothers number and was wondering if she would be available to answer any questions my mother may have?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: