Re: What can a Physical Therapist do for you

Thu Aug 24 22:09:26 2000

I have been to a couple of physical therapists within the past three years and both have helped me. The first one specialized in pelvic floor rehab. I went to her before my lysis. I was some better after seeing her as long as I kept up with the exercises. But I wanted to be well so I went for a lysis, followed by a second look. I was great for a couple or three weeks after the adhesions surgeries but then the pain returned. I sought out a pain doc and he sent me to a different physical therapist. What I gained from both physical therapists were ways to feel better. Using what they taught me, I can scoot myself down a step on the pain scale. No cure, but helped. You have to find a PT you can work with though. I'd been to physical therapists years ago who were not much help because I did not relate well to their methods of instruction. My last PT has fibromyalgia, and so she "walked the talk." She knows about chronic pain as only one who lives with it can know it. This pain stuff....it's like toting a cranky, fussy child on your hip. It's so close, human, and alive...but yet you so want it to be still and let you relax. I just keep trying to find little ways to knock the edges off of it here and there. Physical therapy gave me the tools to help me do this.

At Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Gail wrote: >
>Has anyone here had physical therapy? Has it helped at all? My pain dr.
>has offered to send me to a therapist but I didn't think it would help.
>I might reconsider if anyone has had any success with it. Also, has
>anyone taken Neurontin? Any success with that? My dr. also has me
>taking Neurontin and Paxil now.
>
>--
>Gail
>At Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Helen Dynda wrote:
>>
>>Do you have Chronic Pelvic Pain?
>>
>>Have you been referred to a Physical Therapist? and do you wonder why?
>>
>>http://www.obgyn.net/cpp/articles/cpp_parker_pt0699.htm
>
>--
>Gail
>

--
Mary Wade

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: