Re: bad episode last night

Fri Sep 8 14:52:03 2000

Hi Toni. I hate to just butt in where I am not invited, but in the process of performing an internet search on Myofascial Adhesion to have some info to better illustrate the condition to my clients, I stumbled upon the IAS. I am not a Doctor. I don't even play one on T.V. . . Sorry. I am but a lowly Massage Therapist that deals with a lot of surgical complications as they relate to difficult elimination.

I don't deal with many abdominal adhesions, but Myofscial pain is (unfortunately) a specialty of mine. I can't say, without doing an actual palpatory assesment on you, whether or not this will work, but if you will find a Massage Therapist in your area (try calling the hospital or a hospital owned facility, or a local massage school) and ask them to perform a simple circulatory massage with an emphasis on the manual colon drain or "push". Make sure they know your situation and ask them to teach your husband how to perform the procedure. It is a means of literaly pushing the waste through the colon to the anal canal. If you'll have your husband do this each night before bed then you should be able to maintain a more regular elimination (like daily) without (further) chemical interaction.

Lord knows that the increased circulation from the massage wouldn't do any harm either.

I probably won'tbe reading the reply to this since I already have 15 things that won't be getting done today due to lack of time, but if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to try to answer them for you.

Good Luck, Rustin Sparks job@telepath.com

At Fri, 8 Sep 2000, toni welsh wrote: >
>I just want to tell you all what happened to me last night. I had not
>gone for 7 days, so I took senekot, 6 tablets, and I woke up at 3 in the
>morning with severe [ressure and cramps. I got up to try to go, and the
>pressure was so bad and I could not go, I left my husband sleep, but I
>finally had so much pressure in the rectum, it was as hard as a large
>rock, and all of a sudden I thought the pressure was going to make me
>throw up. After he got up, he stayed there and rubbed my leg to help me
>relax, and getting ready to give me enema, and it finally broke loose.
>It so pretty dark in color, it took me hours to go just that one time/
>this time I thought for sure we were going to end up in the car and
>going to ER. I am so scared, even now the activity in the bowels is
>feeling tight. Does that mean there could have been a blockage.
>
>My dads friend the day before was taken to ER, and she could not go, and
>she ened upurgery that morning. I do not know what to do, and I called
>dad yesterday abotu her, and he said she has the same thing you have, it
>was caused by scar tissue on her bowels. IF ONLY I COULD FIND A DR HERE
>TO BELIEVE THIS CAN HAPPEN!!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: