Will this ever end?

Wed Dec 6 18:26:52 2000

After searching for the last six months for any information regarding adhesions, today was my lucky day. I am so glad that there is an IAS. My story is just another page in this endless book. I am sitting here with an icepack and pillow on my four inciscion sites, just 5 days post-op. I had my 2nd laparascopy in six months for adhesions. My obgyn did the first and did not get 1/8 of it. The surrgeon(this man sent from Heaven above)said he had never seen a case so bad. To avoid a full blown laparotomy, he spent 4 hours inside me cleaning me out like a jack-o-lantern. I am 35 yrs old and had a hys. at 32 for severe endometriosis. I have had numerous surgeries, tests, and misdiagnosies. The last one was Irritable Bowel Syndrome in November. Despite seeing 7 doctors since July, being put on 9 different medications, being made to feel like it was "all in my head", being put on antidepressants,eating pain pills like candy just to function, my obgyn threatening to take me off my estratest to see if the endo came back, almost being sent to a chronic pain clinic, being accused of being a drug addict, etc..., I know my body well enough to know that I had adhesions. Nobody would listen to me. I was told I would just have to live with it by one doctor and just to excersie by another. I am greatful that I had the instinct to be persistant and find a surgeon who would listen to me. I know that they can come back after all of this, but at least now I will know what to do. Thank you all for your postings, support, and encouraging words. At least I know that I am not alone. You have given me the hope and courage to go on living

--
Lisa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: