Helen and all, need some info

Mon Jan 8 22:06:58 2001

Hello Helen and all,

Sorry that it's been so long since I've posted (a lot going on in my life-one being that my grandma died in Sept at the age of 91).

I need some info please on adhesions that can affect the vaginal area. The reason? Well, it's b/c one of the things that I suffer from is endo and of course adhesions. Right now I'm concerned that the two things might be connecting my vagina and my colon together.

I had pulled something around my vaginal area and when the pulling took place it had affected on and inside the top of my vagina. When this pulling took place for the first time I had bent over to dry my hair. In that incident I had to bend over to reach the tips of my hair (yes my hair is long) but apparently I bent too far. When I finished what I was doing it took two hours to control the pain.

After I pulled my insides in that area someone on one of the endometriosis lists told me that I could have dislodged an adhesion or torn the vagina. Well I found out from other sources that if I would have torn my vagina I would have known it.

So then just the other week (during the Christmas holiday) I pulled my insides again (not as badly as the first time but still quite painful) while trying to clean a small space on the floor with some wet paper towel. I had quite a bit of pain since that episode occurred and if that isn't enough my bowel has become a regular part of the action.

In addition to the endometriosis I also have a condition called vulvodynia (I will be glad to explain more to those who are interested in knowing more) that was caused by a surgical procedure that was done 3 years ago to the external genital area (forgive the graphicness of this) on the labia minora. I had to have a problem that was being caused by excess skin corrected.

I didn't get diagnosed with this condition until I started seeing the gyn that I have now. The diagnosis came a few months after I had my second surgery for endo. Well, it's been a year since I was diagnosed with the vulvar problem, and now with the possibility that the endo and/or adhesions are acting up b/c of these pulling incidents I am noticing more that sometimes when I have a BM that it now feels like it might be sitting on top of my vagina. I've found out from an additional source that yes adhesions can get thick enough to link the colon and and the top of the vagina together.

So what I need to know now is this. How would my dr go about cleaning out the adhesions in this particular area? Can it be done by laparoscope? I will be having a vaginal biopsy (though apparently they have listed it as an endometrial biopsy which means that she is also going to check my uterus) on Feb 3rd to see if that is what is going on. Then depending on the results of that biopsy I will be asking my dr if she thinks that we need to go ahead and proceed with a laparoscopy.

I would appreciate any and all info that I can get on this subject. Also if anyone needs to e-mail me privately you can find me now back at Yahoo at: sokokl@yahoo.com.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.

Kristy :)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: