Re: Karen is still recuperating

Fri Mar 23 20:47:38 2001

At Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Helen Chalmers wrote: >
>I am glad to hear that Karen is doing well. I agree with her idea about sending her OR report to the doctor who didn't help her. I have made 7 copies of my surgery video with Dr. Redan and have already submitted one to the insurance broker in my area who will ask one of the leading providers to allow out of network surgery for this. I am also sending one to the OB/GYN who opened me up and did nothing, then told me to live with the pain. Another will go to a surgeon in the area who "specializes in laparoscopy" to see if he would like to learn from the Scranton doctors, etc. I am also preparing an article for a magazine about my experience. I don't want other people to go through this kind of torture. Being told what a "mess" it is in there and then learn to live with the pain, THEN the doctor refuses to refill pain meds.

Sorry, I get angry when I hear other people going through this.

On a lighter note. I happened to be at the pharmacy getting meds for bronchitis and they have a large health book on display for sale. I looked up endo (I don't have it, but have read about a lot of ladies who do on this site) and recognized the physician's name from IAS. Dr. Redwine. It was one of those times when I didn't mind waiting. It was only about 3 pages of information on endo, but it sure did make sense and it gave examples of what works, what doesn't, and why! Boy, you sure do learn a lot from this site and everyone who contributes to it.

Thanks all.

--
Kathy L.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: