Re: Dottie's message........................re-posted for Dottie

Wed Apr 4 17:10:51 2001

Hi Dottie,

I too have groin and leg pain as well as pain in left lower quadrant and fullness in that area. I also have at times pain and numbness in my labia. This all involves the left side. I have had this trouble for almost a year and a half.

I am scheduled for a laporoscopy, the second in a year. Also at that time they are going to possibly remove the left ovary (at the last laporoscopy it was adhered to the bowel and it is not seed again on US). It is also possible, that I will have a hysterectomy depending on what they find, I also have endometriosis. I decided to do it this way so that I do not have to have numerous surgeries down the road and increase the risk of more adhesions forming.

The surgeon will also be sitting in with the gyn to check if there is a hernia that is causing pain in the groin and leg. The gyn also says endo may be on the ligament and/or adhesions. So who knows what I will end up with or without.

I am getting very nervous (the surgery is April 26, but it has been scheduled for a month now.) I am hoping I am doing the right thing. I have been on Lupron therapy for the endo by my previous gyn. She insisted it was not endo or adhesions when I complained of continued pain throughout the shots and after the shots. Needless to say, I fired her.

Hopefully all will go well and I will wake up pain free. That is all I can hope for right now. Hope you find your answer soon. This can be very frustrating and frightening to deal with. Good luck.

--
Karen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: