Counting down the days to surgery, April 26, very nervous..........

Wed Apr 18 21:17:38 2001

Hello all,

Well just as the title says my surgery is April 26, 7 days away, and I am getting to be a real nervous wreck about it. It has been scheduled for almost 8 weeks. You would think that I would be ready to get it over with by now.

I have consented for a laparoscopy, possible oopherectomy, possible laparotomy, possible hysterectomy, plus the surgeon will be in with my gyn in case he needs to repair a hernia (which I doubt very much). Last year during an exploratory lap they found endo, and my left ovary adhered to my bowel. Supposedly they excised the endo and freed the ovary. Still had pain even with Lupron shots. It's been the same pain for 1 1/2 years. I consented for all of these things because I DO NOT want multiple surgeries over the years. I have two beautiful girls and I am 33 years old. I am not going to have more children, so if the endo and adhesions are interfering with these organs, I have no problem giving them up.

The problem I am having is I do not know what I will wake up with or without. And God forbid I wake up and they tell me they found nothing. I will really be upset because something has to be causing this pain.

This is also a new gyn and I don't have much of a relationship with him since I only saw him three times (of course that was in a matter of 2 weeks).

I guess I am just feeling the presurgery jitters. I want this to be over and be recovering so that I can do things again. I know this is not 100%, but I am trying to be optimistic.

I am not near as bad off as some of you, for that I am thankful, and I feel for you. Does everyone get these jitters? Last year I was fine, not a bit nervous. I am even dreaming about this.

Well, sorry to ramble. Needed to vent. Would appreciate any words of encouragement you can muster up! My husband is very supportive, but I can tell he is worried as well. I don't want to worry him more with my paranoia. Thanks for listening.......

--
Karen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: