Re: Counting down the days to surgery, April 26, very nervous..........

Wed Apr 18 22:52:20 2001

Dear Karen:

Yes, I do believe we all get the jitters; I remember holding on to my husband the night before with tears streaming down my face asking him if he could just please take me home now, I just really didn't want to do this (please let this be a nightmare and I really wasn't waiting for another surgery), and wanted to jump in the car and run away forever. It's just a normal reaction, especially not knowing what one will wake up to; and we all start second guessing ourselves as do we really have adhesions, what if they go in there and find nothing wrong with me, what if it's all been in my head; but of course they are there, it hasn't been in our heads, the pain and suffering have been real. I slept very little, as the only time the enema would work, it seemed, was when I was asleep and of course that would wake me up (YUK), so I would take a bath go back to bed only to find myself in a puddle again. My husband slept like a baby as I was running back and forth to the bathroom, never blinking an eye, so of course I looked at him with pure jealousy.

It is very normal to be nervous, I would think if one weren't nervous there would be something wrong with them. Just try to think of each day as getting closer to a pain free life and being able to enjoy yourself, your life and your children again.

Love and prayers to you..... Helen Chalmers

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: