cleaning (panic) attack, Liesel

Sat Jun 2 08:45:57 2001

OK, my lap was done April 24....had adhesions removed and organs rearranged...felt good for a few days, then had some minor pain creep back in...bearable though...

The past few days, the pain has grown. I've gone into a major cleaning frenzy around here, to take my mind off it (denial)...also because I haven't been able to do much for the past few years, urgh, and much needed doing...I cleaned out the pantry completely and went through both boy's rooms -- dressers and closets. The dining room table is buried under a mound of outgrown clothes to donate.

Last night I could not sleep at all, it was awful. Two days ago I gave up on trying to manage without pain meds, and am on them again. Not the narcotic ones, although I probably should be. Not yet...

Now I am shifting into panic because I don't know how long I will continue to feel *this* good, if I will end up as bad, or worse off, than before my lap. My right side is visibly swollen again, as it was before the lap. I swear, I honestly don't mind having some constant pain, but I cannot tolerate the thought of it becoming anything like it was again. Mostly because I know that will be the way it is from now on.

As if that weren't enough, my old dog has had a tough few days too...yes, she is "just" a dog, but also the one who enabled me to meet so many wonderful people in the world of dogs...she launched my career as a trainer/breeder because she is so special and had so much ability. Liesel is a solid black German Shepherd Dog who is 12 1/2 years old, was the regional 1989 Obedience Dog of the Year, won obedience titles with highest scores possible and even served as a temporary, certified assistance dog for a while as we trained one for a friend. (I used to train dogs for disabled people, now it looks as though I should train one for myself.) When I was on bed-rest for my pregnancies, Liesel picked up stuff for me. I know her days are numbered, she isn't young any more, but goodness, I will be a mess when she does go.

Hubby is gone for the morning and the boys are still asleep...is it OK to eat Reese's for breakfast? I've half a bag of them.

Hope you all are having a better morning and that the weekend is wonderful, pain-free and happy, for you --

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: