Re: TINKY: Welcome

Sat Jul 14 19:06:35 2001

Welcome both to the board, Nancy, I am sorry I don't recall how long you have been a member (sorry memory loss here) And I don't have my story on the quilt as of yet. I did go have my surgery in March, my husband drove me up, and my parents drove up from Florida one night, then drove on to Connecticut to visit my Mom's Great Aunt (98) years old. Then a few days later they drove back to PA when we got this all set up. This GYN is the same doctor that I allowed to do a lap vaginal hysterectomy. (I would love to see that tape) A few months later I started feeling and being in experiencing so much pain, I found two new surgeons/gyn here in Virginia and it stated that I had massive adhesions then.................????????? Nothing was ever done about it then, he just gave me a prescription for percoset or something and sent me home thinking that "might" help the pain. NOT !! Anyhow, that's when I found these new surgeons, they took out my ovaries, tubes and lysed my adhesions. They said it was like everything was glued together in there. The only thing I could do at that time was try to find more doctor's. I had finally found this website (sometime in October or November 2000, and I know some patients have to be patient waiting on their medical records and getting theirs, I don't know how to go about doing that really. I know it can be very time consuming, right? S0, everyone looks like I told a very long story on the board. Every now and again I get in one of those moments.

And you will have to excuse me for not posting much earlier than this, This year has been the year from doomsday for me it seems, well there have been some good things that have happened.

I had my adhesiolysis on March 22, in PA by Dr. Redan and Dr. Gerhart, truly they did a good surgery. I do have some pain, not sure if it's still healing pain or adhesions, because not only did I have massive adhesions removed, I had to have my gallbladder removed and they took out my appendix, just in case that pain ever would have risen, now that can be ruled out.

I do go see a Pain Management Clinic, they are about 25 miles away, but while I was in the hospital last week for dehydration and acute diarrhea and vomiting, they set me up with a new Pain Doctor that is only 3 miles down the street and offers then same treatment as my other doctor. Also the other doctor (pain doctor) you had to pay up front and then turn your insurance form into your insurance company. This new doctor at least accepts insurance assignments, and he's also very nice.

So that's my story for now. Oh and for some reason I have sever swelling around my ankles, and I don't know why. The only time that ever happened was when I was pregnant (ha! ha!) We know that's that true now.

Pain Free Days to All,

Love Karen Carter

Karen Carter

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: