TINKY: Welcome

Sat Jul 14 16:12:48 2001

Dear Tinky:

Welcome to the Board. You will find plenty of information, love, and support here.

More salt is a good idea to raise blood pressure - with one drawback. I do eat salt - I cook with it and add a bit more to my plate, so that isn't a problem. I don't avoid prepared foods, but I do prefer home made to purchased.

About the bowel problem - I drink 3 or 4 cups of coffee a day at least, and no matter how much relaxing I do, my bowels are not regular. I've tried high-fibre, low-fibre, and just about every other kind of diet to improve bowel function, and it just doesn't help. My adhesions involve the bowel and intestines, and taking a laxative just makes the constant pain worse, so I avoid anything that will irritate the bowel and make the pain worse. I do use Equate brand stool softener, which is the Walmart equivalent of Colace.

I don't have a problem with endo - actually exploratory surgery looking for endo was how I ended up with the diagnosis of adhesions. You're lucky that you do not have a lot of pain - today is one of those days that I have to be real careful how I move, stand up, sit, and how much I walk, as the pain is really high today. Of course, I had to go get groceries this morning, and I almost didn't make it through the grocery store, because I lost the feeling in my right leg totally. Thank God for grocery carts to take the place of crutches.

Again, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll get answers here to any questions you may have.

Nancy in NB

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: