New kid on the block -

Mon Oct 29 17:20:26 2001

New kid on the Block. Hello everyone, I have been getting wonderful notes from Nancy & Jo. I feel like I have found "heaven" with this web site. Here's a little about myself. (PS. I am not the best internet person, bare with me - thanks!) I am 51, single, live in northern Florida, have 2 cute pups and have a series of health issues, As we all do. I have Crohns, 7 years now also Solitary Retal Ulcerated Syndrome, have had a colonostomy 6 years ago, 2 hernia repairs, abdominal reconstruction, had many sections of colon removed, the stoma remodeled and also a gastro bypass. So to say the least, I have a few adhersions. They only started bothering me about 4 months ago. My surgeon says he doesn't want to do any surgery to remove them, not for at least 3 or 5 months. My last surgeery was in April 2001. I believe the worst part is near the connection of the stomach & colon. I have been in the ER/Hospital 4 times since Father's Day (June) It feels like blockage, but now I am starting to beleive it maybe gas that is trapped from the scar tissue. That area turns hard as a rock and expands at least 5 inches. The pain is unbearable. It last for up to 8 hours sometimes and then it will finally work it's way out. Every time I go to the ER it costs so much and all they do is give me morphine to relax me and do x-rays and tubes down my nose into my stomach to release the pressure. It's torture. Can anyone relate to all of this? I need some answers or directions. This seems like the place to start. Once again, this is all new to me and I appreciate all if anything anyone has to say. Please write when you can. And let me know if I am using this site correctly, thanks! Jeanne With great appreciation - Jeanne Dollypollysmom@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: