Jeanne- New kid on the block

Tue Oct 30 02:41:07 2001

Jeanne, I don't have a Colostomy or anything like that, thank God, but I do have allot of problems with trapped gas, pressure and bloating. I have allot of episodes of trouble breathing because the pressure and bloating is that bad. I have attributed it to my hiatal hernia but I am not sure, possibly the adhesions also. I also have Crohns Disease since I was about 24 and am now almost 53 years old. I have had 5 Adhesion Related surgeries (18 total surgeries on body).

The only thing I know to do for my trapped gas is kneading my belly with my finger tips, starting from the lower left side, working up to the left rib, across to right rib then down to lower left side. I will keep doing this until I feel the gas move and eventually pass some. I may need to stay at one particular area for a few minutes. I sometimes get sharp gripping pains until I can get the gas moving and out of there which sounds like what you may have. MANY years ago I had also go to ER for this not knowing what was wrong but never got help. Since then I have accepted it as a part of life and took matters into my own hands. I have had this about 30 years now.

Sometimes a heating pad on my back, side and/or abdomen also helps. The Herblax (natural senna laxative) as helps get some of this gas out along with moving my bowels.

JEAN

An understanding friend is better than a therapist.... and cheaper too!

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Jeanne Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 7:24 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: New kid on the block -

New kid on the Block. Hello everyone, I have been getting wonderful notes from Nancy & Jo. I feel like I have found "heaven" with this web site. Here's a little about myself. (PS. I am not the best internet person, bare with me - thanks!) I am 51, single, live in northern Florida, have 2 cute pups and have a series of health issues, As we all do. I have Crohns, 7 years now also Solitary Retal Ulcerated Syndrome, have had a colonostomy 6 years ago, 2 hernia repairs, abdominal reconstruction, had many sections of colon removed, the stoma remodeled and also a gastro bypass. So to say the least, I have a few adhersions. They only started bothering me about 4 months ago. My surgeon says he doesn't want to do any surgery to remove them, not for at least 3 or 5 months. My last surgeery was in April 2001. I believe the worst part is near the connection of the stomach & colon. I have been in the ER/Hospital 4 times since Father's Day (June) It feels like blockage, but now I am starting to beleive it maybe gas that is trapped from the scar tissue. That area turns hard as a rock and expands at least 5 inches. The pain is unbearable. It last for up to 8 hours sometimes and then it will finally work it's way out. Every time I go to the ER it costs so much and all they do is give me morphine to relax me and do x-rays and tubes down my nose into my stomach to release the pressure. It's torture. Can anyone relate to all of this? I need some answers or directions. This seems like the place to start. Once again, this is all new to me and I appreciate all if anything anyone has to say. Please write when you can. And let me know if I am using this site correctly, thanks! Jeanne With great appreciation - Jeanne Dollypollysmom@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: