Linda (NZ)- miscarriages

Tue Nov 27 01:27:23 2001

Linda, Adhesions can prevent you from getting pregnant. It happened to my girlfriend and she had MANY miscarriages. She was one of the lucky ones and a doctor who specializes in infertility finally found her problem and it was adhesions, on her tubes I think. She had surgery, got pregnant and had 2 babies within less than 2 years.....then she asked the doctor how to shut it off now that he helped her get it started (LOL)! She has had no adhesion problems that she is aware of since, and her kids are grown up and one has a child of her own now.

JEAN

"OLD" IS WHEN..... Your sweetie says, "Let's go upstairs and make love," and you answer, "Pick one, I can't do both!" -----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of J&L VERMEY Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 1:41 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Thank you for your e-mail - from Linda (NZ)

Dear Jo,

I was so moved by your e-mail. It was just sooooo nice to hear that somebody cares. (Sometimes when I've been in hospital I've really truly felt like NOBODY gave a damn). Hang on - I've just got wipe some tears from my eyes.

Thanks also for your suggestions - yep - I've also got endometriosis - but they've removed a lot of them - of course they can also come back. As far as having kids is concerned - we're going to be patient and see what happens until June 2002 - then I will go back to my gynaecologist if I haven't had any luck.

Question: Can adhesions keep you from staying pregnant - in other words can it cause you to miscarry? I've never thought of asking anyone that question before.

My surgeon, Mr Schroeder (who's a nice, caring Christian man) is not particularly concerned about my 2 miscarriages - I think I surprised him no end that I could get pregnant in the first place....

A couple of operations ago we tried some stuff called Sepra Film - he removed all my adhesions - gosh it took hours! BUT IT DIDN'T WORK!

Now Mr Schroeder is waiting for some kind of gel - which he says shows promise of working - he's hoping it will arrive in NZ soon - then we'll repeat the whole thing - remove the adhesions and see if it'll work.

I sometimes wonder if I should let Mr Schroeder try it on a few other people first - just to see if it works - before I try it. Just the thought of going under the knife again gives me the creeps....

My bowel disease has gotten real bad in the last 4 weeks - I'm going to my GP on Tuesday to talk about trying some Inflammatory Bowel Disease drugs - especially to try prednisone again - I hate that stuff - makes me blow up like a balloon!

As Christmas is creeping closer and closer by I am more and more determined to make the most of this Christmas - as I spent my last two Christmas's in hospital! We're living in the shell of our house at the moment - we've yet to finish it on the inside (I have no internal wall, no bathroom and no kitchen). But we're happy with what we've got - we live in the country - about 30 km from Hamilton. We're surrounded on 3/4's of our half a hectare by NZ native bush. We've got one dog, six cats (2 live in the garage), two budgies, a rabbit and a guinea pig. We desperately need two goats, but haven't gotten around to getting some yet - when you're ill everything seems to take so much longer then when you were healthy.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah - I was telling you about feeling so awful at the moment.

I've gotten pretty strict with my diet of late - I'm keeping to a low-residue diet - I've cut out tea and coffee - I've also cut out dairy products - and I'm drinking lots and lots of peppermint tea, as well as Chamomile tea. Yesterday I was complaining to John, my husband, that it wasn't working, and yet today I seem to be feeling a little bit better, of course that says absolutely nothing - for tomorrow I may be back in agony and feeling dreadful. To say I get more bad days then good ones is not an exaggeration.

One good thing was that I was looking on the internet for Chronic Pain sites - and I came across a good little booklet about Survival Skills when you're in pain - it's over 30 pages long - but the advice is very useful. And I'm putting the suggestions into practice, with breathing, relaxation, meditation, etc. I've got to do something about the quality of my life - I can't keep on missing out on life - plus I hate being bed-ridden. I want to be there for John and my family - when we get one (God willing!)

Hey, thanks for listening to me going on and on.... I've got to go now - gotta set the table - my hubby has been making pancakes for our dinner.

Love,

Linda (from NZ)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: