Re: I'm New

Sat Feb 16 18:45:17 2002

Ann, I am comfused on something. I also had a molar pregnancy but never had any kind of treatment except taking it out. You were treated with Chemo for it? I also had ovarian cysts. I was a DES baby (hormonmes they used to give women that later they found out caused a lot of problems) I have had a lot of female problems. Gosh, was I supposed to be treated for the Molar Pregnancy? Mine was 15 years ago. Kel -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Saturday, February 16, 2002 06:02:26 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: I'm New I have only just found this group and have found the info helpful and reassuring - I know I am not alone! I am looking for anyone with a similar situation to mine. I had corio-carcinoma (molar pregnancy) 26 years ago (at age 20) and after late diagnosis was started on chemo therapy during which I had an emergency hysterectomy to stop uncontrollable bleeding. I still have both ovaries. Over the years I have developed what I now realise are classic adhesion symptoms. Laparascomy and laparatomy 16 and 15 years ago resp. failed due to inability to get through adhesions described as like 'tupperware'. I have ovarian cysts which have been aspirated via vagina using IVF style procedures but this is only short term, last time cyst was 9cm dia 4 months after previous aspiration. Hiatus hernia for good measure. I now have a new gyob who is keen for some progress (at last) and have referal for MRI scan with a view to some treatment? Comments particularly on chemo affecting adhesion formation and type/ strength etc. would be welcome.
--

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: