Re: Desperate

Mon Mar 11 20:18:47 2002

MaryLou:

As Janet said, watch all the over the counter pain meds as you could be doing a lot of internal damage; I am not surprised that you aren't bleeding. I too, in the beginning, was taking OTC meds as I had nothing else and was bleeding from the bowel and nose. My PS told me that all of the OTC meds was doing more damage to my liver and stomach lining than any opiod would do.

Regarding your question about oxycontin and being able to function - many here are able to hold down jobs, take care of their family, drive a car, etc. without any side effects at all. When I take the oxy I don't feel any different than before I took it, except the pain is gone. I think the first week I felt a little groggy, but that soon passed and I was able to function without any problems at all. Now the methadone, since I have never been on it, I can't comment.

In Friendship,

Helen C. (Hell-yun)

I am not a medical professional and am I am soley giving advice from my own experience in trying to deal with this horrible disease every day of my life since 12/99. I will try to offer my assistance, lend an ear, offer a shoulder to cry on (on a bad day) and offer support when needed. P.S., sometimes I need help too.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: