Re: do adhesions reform if taken down with laparascope?

Mon Mar 18 18:26:51 2002

At Mon, 18 Mar 2002, rowdyladyrose@aol.com wrote: >
>Gwen,
>
>Sometimes I think it is the luck of the draw. The first time I
>had adhesions removed, I had NO trouble until an ER doctor removed
>my appendix with an open incision 3 years later(not laparoscopy) and
>then BAM, adhesions again. Then I had a laparoscopy last May and they

>started causing trouble almost right away.
>Hi, I'm writing because I have had multiple abdominal surgery's by way of completely opened up and by laparoscoptic. Neither works for me and I have to go in about every two years to have my entire abdomen cleaned up. Everyone heals differently, slow, fast nobody knows how you are going to heal. I know that my insides heal very slow and the longer it takes to heal the more scar tissue you get. The last time I had lasix of adhesions I was told that it was attached to my organs i.e. bowels, liver, bladder etc. They informed me that the next time would have to be by opening me up beacuse they could not get it all. I get very depressed every time because I never know what to expect when I wake up. I am only 43 yrs. old and have had over 15 surgeries on my abdomin. I think in my heart what started all of my mess was a c-section gone wrong about 21 years ago. I ended up with an abdominal abcess after the surgery and bam.. history has been written. Sorry to if I am discouraging, but I think I may be an extreme case. Good Luck. Brenda

>Why some people's adhesions stay thin and flexible (causing no trouble)
>and some of us get the thick, sticky mass of yuck, who knows?
>
>Hang in there,
>Rose
>
>At Fri, 15 Mar 2002, gwen. wrote:
>>
>>Hello all!
>>I had adhesions taken down 2 days ago, and I was wondering if they
>>reform and when and why? Is it for sure they wil reform or just
>>some of us? help.
>>
>>Thanks-