Abdominal Adhesions

Tue Apr 16 18:54:50 2002

I cant believe i finally found a place to talk about adhesions, i am crying right now because i realize now that i am not alone in thi world of misery! On Oct 12 2000 i had a total abdominal hysterectomy and on Jan 8th 2001 my life with adhesions truly began..i had terrible pain..especially when i stood up. I went to my Dr and he said its probably adhesions and theres nothing you can do for this problem but take narcotics..there beggining my life on narcotics. I went to Dr after Dr after Dr and they have all passed me on to another Dr..i have had CT scans MRIs XRays you name it ive had it..all tests showed there to be no problem..but yet they all wrote me Rxs for Narcotic pain relief! Finally in Nov 2001 i hit upon a Dr who said ok yeah we need to do surgery to relieve this pain...even though he was sceptical that adhesions were causing the pain..well he did laparoscopy on me and found that i had massive adhesions..My lower intestines were pulled up to belly button level and my bladder was above that..sucked up by adhesions...he made one small cut on my belly button and one larger cut on the original hysterectomy scar...he cut all of these adhesions and announced to my family that i was all better and that adhesions generally do not reoccur..so my pain was finally over..well yeah it was for about 3 weeks i felt like my old self no narcotics no pain no nothing...But now i have a whole different type of pain..and bowel problems and pain and pressure..and yes im back on the narcotics again and so depressed i cant even see straight..is this as good as my life will ever get? Why dont Drs tell you that this could happen before you have surgery? Why dont they believe you when you tell them how bad the pain is...why do they have to look at you like your just a simple hypochondriac? Why dont they know how bad this problem is? I even had one Dr tell me that ADHESIONS CANNOT CAUSE PAIN! its Scientifically impossible! Well Ok well why am i in so much pain then?? What is it from if its not adhesions then it must be something else please fix it...Thanks to anyone who listens. Tish

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: