Re: Questions on tests to see if adhesions returned.

Thu May 2 20:43:10 2002

Hi Shanna, Thank you for your reply. Today I went to my family Dr. I explained how I feel, and what I think may be going on, but he didn't examine me at all. Of course, I became a blithering, bawling fool in the office, but he was very nice. I asked him if the mood swings/depression could be from a hormone imbalance, and he never offered to run blood tests. He gave me a trial pack of Celexa. I am considering calling a gyn specializing in reconstructive surgery, just to see if he can tell me if it could be some type of prolapse. I am about at wit's end. I feel bad because I cannot contribute much in the way of positive to people on here. I hope everyone can understand. I definitely will read your posts, Shanna. Those awful adhesions can cause all kinds of problems. Millie.

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Shanna" <tibbett24@aol.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 8:55 PM Subject: Re: Questions on tests to see if adhesions returned.

> HI Millie,
> I'm new at this :-) I just asked a question a few before yours and
> thought it was pretty similar to my questions. I don't have any
> opinions but would like to ask you to read the responses I got from Jo
> Eslick and Karla. I am anxious to find out if all my problems are still
> from my adhesion or something new. I feel they are from adhesions. As
> I hope you get the help you are looking for I also hope you will read my
> post and responses.
> Take care,
> Shanna
>
> At Wed, 1 May 2002, Millie wrote:
> >
> >Hi,
> >Lately I have been having a lot of pulling and pressure in the lower
pelvic area, as well as bowel problems. > >To me, it seems as if bowel and bladder and who-knows-what-else are glued
together. I feel as if I have to pee frequently, and as if the bowel doesn't empty properly. > > Maybe everything has fallen since my TAH, 15 months ago.
> >I saw an ad for a whole body scan, as well as for a PET scan, but when I
called, they said maybe I should have an ultrasound. Why, since I have only one ovary? > >What do I do... I definitely do NOT want to be sliced open again. That's
asking for more trouble, I know. > >I do not have a gyn anymore, as the one who did the TAH called and
apologized slightly over a month after surgery. > >She then told me there was nothing more she could do for me. "Find what
works for you." > >How reliable are pelvic/abdominal Ct scans, or MRI's or whole body scans?
Should I seek out another gyn, or gastro, or who? > >Hope everyone is pain-free today.
> >Millie.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: