Re: Vaginal Hysteroctomy Verus Abdominal Hysterectomy

Thu Jun 6 03:43:13 2002

Dearest Pam, I can only offer my own experience with having a hysterectomy by LAVH(Laparoscopy vaginal assisted hysterectomy). It has been a living hell since that operation. Prior to that surgery I had had one Lap's for possible tubal pregnancy, and a tubal ligation. I chose to have a hysterectomy due to a large uterine fibroid that was unable to be removed via a lap. I opted for this due to the fact that I have had three full-term pregnancies, and did not want to have a long recovery with an abdominal operation removing the tumor. I wish i had kept the tumor, because I have not been pain free since that hysterectomy. I had three lysis of adhesions, and am still in pretty bad pain. I have chosen to go with pain mgmt. instead of another surgery.

I would ask for a second opinion if this is a necessary surgery. If it is, then I will say that from what others have said, having a hyst done vaginally is the way to go. But, remember only you can be sure what is right for you. I would print the guidelines for surgery to lessen adhesion formation and take it to your surgeon. If he/she is any kind of doctor they will either educate themselves on these techniques, or call and inquire an opinion from another doctor.

I wish you luck, and whatever way you choose to go, please, please take it very easy after surgery. I did way to much way to soon, and I feel this might of had an affect on the adhesions forming. em At Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Pam wrote: >
>I'am scheduled for a hysteroctomy on June 24th and if anyone could
>please give me some information on these 2 subjects it would be greatly
>appreciated. My doctor wants to do a vaginal hysterectomy because the
>healing process is shorter. I was not really comfortable with the
>suggestion to begin with and now I have spoken to a couple of different
>people who have had one or knows someone that has had one. But the
>outcome for both people have not been good. I could use someones advice
>cause now I'am scared to death to have it done vaginally. I've had 4
>surgeries in one year. I have had a laporscopy, 3DC'S, Tubligation and
>given birth and had my gullblatter removed. Now I have a hole inside my
>stomach. I'am really nervous about them hitting a major organ or
>hitting scar tissue by having the procedure done vaginally. So any
>information or advice would be really nice. In my opinion I think I'd
>rather be cut open so they can see what their doing rather than taking a
>chance by them going by feel. I'am crazy or what is your opinion?
>Thanks so much for your help.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: