To Bobbi from Jo

Thu Aug 22 18:28:36 2002

Hi Bobbi,

It's been ages since I have heard from you.... I feel like I have spent most of this year in hospital too and I have also had two major surgeries this year.... I am not sure if you knew this, but my first one was also in April, it was five & a half hours long and I spent two days in acute care before I was sent back to the GYN ward. It was a tough surgery on me, that was for sure & the recovery wasn't easy either.... then when I finally got out of hospital, just an hour later, my family & I were in a car accident (someone slammed into the back of us and wrote our car off!) and we were all carted off to another hospital in ambulances.

I had internal bleeding and my poor husband suffered neck and back injuries. The girls are OK, but we are all still undergoing counselling as this one really has affected us emotionally as well as physically.

I have been home from hospital two weeks today after my latest surgery after a very rapid decline in my condition and major increase in pain! I was admitted to our local Base Hospital first (we live in the country) and then I was taken back to the hospital in Sydney a week later.

I ended up having surgery on August 1, another five hour one where my surgeon couldn't tell the difference between my small & large bowel when he first got in there, so dense were the adhesions!! I was very fortunate that SprayGel has recently become available here in Australia and it was used after this surgery. I am thrilled with the results and feel I just about have my life back.

My bowel and bladder refuse to cooperate, but after the pain and distress of the last few years... it is almost OK to live with.

I always get so frustrated, upset and worried when I read stories about your treatment in the US, I simply can't understand why there is such a big deal about recognising pain!! I pray for you Bobbi and all my other adhesions friends that one day soon, some great hammer will descend from the sky, hit all the thick headed doctors of our whole world in the head and MAKE them see the light & PAIN ARD sufferers endure!!

There is an Invisible Disabilities week in September and I am going to encourage everyone who visits this board and bombo's board to participate.

Bobbi, you are in my thoughts and prayers.... I wish there was more I could say or do for you right now.... but the best I can do is let you know I care, and I am mad as hell that we get treated so badly until we find the "rare" doctor who understands adhesions and pain!

Best wishes and loads of special huggles,

--
Love and gentle hugs,
Joanne Eslick
Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
http://www.bombobeach.com
NSW Australian Co-ordinator of
International Adhesions Society
http://www.adhesions.org

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer