Re: How do you get your family to understand???

Sat Oct 5 16:15:09 2002

Sarah wrote:I've been suffering since I was 15 w/ adhesions. Actually, at 15 I had a laparoscopy for an infection, then had another a couple of years later for endometriosis. Since then most problems have been adhesions. Had a complete hysterectomy at 27, one laporoscopy since then, and a laparotomy less than a year ago.

My mother says she doesn't know how to help me, or even what to say when I'm so upset at doctors, etc. I've told her about this website many, many times, and have asked her to look at it. She hasn't done that yet. I also ordered a pamphlet a couple of days ago that is specifically for family members, and told her that I ordered it. She basically told me that she's read stuff on adhesions before, and she can't possibly understand what I'm going thru as she's never had chronic pain. I just want her to try, but she makes me feel like it's not worth her time. At this time, I just moved back home w/ my parents due to financial reasons, so it's really hard because I live w/ her, yet I don't feel like I have any support here, which I think realy helps people. She doesn't work, spends her days either on the computer playing games, or shopping, so she has plenty of time. I've tried to tell her how I feel w/ an email, but she acts like everything is fine.

Any suggestions from anyone? Should I just give up w/ her? I just need some support at home, and think as my mother she would want to do anything in her power to help her daughter.

Thanks!!!

I feel deep empothy for the lack of caring you are receiving, physically, emotionally etc... Sometimes people especialy the ones that love us the most sit in a world of denial so they do not feel the pain in front of you, to deny is not to feel, but trust me deep down your mother is agonizing over this, unfortunatly, she is not giving you the comfort we all seek when we suffer from our mothers especially from our mothers. Watch the board, soon my husband is composing a letter on how a family member feels dealing with a loved one wiyh ARD. Maybe you could copy it off and leave it all around where she sits, does things etc... Maybe you won't see it but she'll pick it up eventually and read it. I know this does not solve your problem and i hurt for you but know that we care an enormous amount for you and your plight. Fondly, Shawna F

WHENEVER A MESSAGE IS SENT FROM ME, KNOW AN ANGEL IS NEAR YOU

Faith Hill - Exclusive Performances, Videos, & more faith.yahoo.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: