Re: DAVE

Fri Nov 8 16:39:52 2002

Hello Tami, I was up to 1800mg of mscontin before I was changed to the patch, and the change can make you nausaus, but it should only last a few days. As far as the suckers, well I ate them like candy until my doctor upped my patches. Now I use liquid morphine which I have built an immunity to. A funny thing happened after my last surgury, I had left the hospital without the surgeon knowing that I was on the patches and he gave me mepergan 40, which is Demerol. I went to my pain anagement doc a few days later and asked him for the mepergan, as well as the patches. As you could wonder, his eyes got real big and he asked me where I got the mepergan, and why I was using it with the patches. I told him that it was a wonderful pain reliever and he could'nt believe that I was still standing. I have'nt found a doctor or a pharmicist yet that can believe that I can take so much medicine and still function. But bless The Lord for All His Mercys, I am still in chronic pain. Naturally I did'nt get the demerol from my doc because it is for people who just come from surgury. When I have surgury, they mix up a batch of stuff to keep me asleep. I have woken up twice during two different surguries and asked them what they were doing. That really took them by surprise. I have friends that come by and I tell them true stories about what happened to me during different times I was in the hospital, and during different surguries, and they laugh until they cry and tell me that I should be a comedian. I am just telling the truth about the things that happen, and they laugh and laugh. I have a neurosrgeon that has a good laugh every once in a while, because I woke up during a sixteen hour surgury and asked for something to eat. I did'nt remember waking up, but he smiles and apologizes everytime that I go see him. I have tried and tried to get him to do another surgury on me, but he says it is out of the question because I have had so many that have done very little good. I pray that your hubby gets better, and I pray that your little girls dreams of becoming a vet come true. That is an honorable thing to do in life, taking care of the animals that God gives us because they are helpless and innocent. I will keep all of you in my prayers and I pray that God will Bless you In abundance. Remember that the doctor may have to take a week or so to adjust your meds to where they will work for you. I also want to thank you for your condolences for my baby pup. I miss her very much and I always will. May God Bless You always Dave

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: