Re: Jo - About SprayGel

Wed Nov 13 12:54:41 2002

Jo, When I was first learning about SprayGel Bev and I had a conversation at which time I questioned whether, given the right set of circumstances (my being totally cured of all of my other problems....allowing for me to seek treatment for the adhesions), I would be able to have the use of SprayGel....since the doctors had said I could not have any foreign materials placed inside my abdomen. She had told me that there were various strengths of SprayGel for this type of situation. Whether or not this is still accurate I do not know. If we all remember Mary Pomroy, we will remember that she was extremely allergic to many things as well and it is my understanding that she had no problems with the SprayGel. Whether or not it was used full strength, I am not sure. As for me going back in the hospital, I am waiting for my local hospital to get the right equipment so that they can place the stents here instead of my travelling to Green Bay. Love and hugs to you. Karla

Jo Eslick <joanne@bombobeach.com> wrote: Hi Karla!

I thought you were going back into hospital, I am so glad to see you posting on the board my friend! :-)

I am curious about SprayGel in different strengths? I haven't heard this and I have the information package sent out to doctors with all the details about SprayGel.

There is very little if any risk of infection and the blue dye that is used is the only thing that was considered a concern. When I spoke to the SprayGel representative about allergies and infections she stated the only thing that could be a problem was the blue dyte BUT anyone having surgery requiring SprayGel at this stage would be aware of they had an allergy to it because it is commonly ised in surgery.

I agree with the infection caused by Intergel, that is the only one I have heard about there being problems with. When it comes down to it Eileen really needs to check back with her doctor about which barrier he was referring to.

Love & warm gentle hugs, Jo

--
Joanne Eslick
Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
http://www.bombobeach.com
NSW Australian Co-ordinator of
International Adhesions Society
http://www.adhesions.org

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience. I am a fellow adhesions sufferer
reaching out to help others.