Re: Be more than a statisic, be a pioneer! Leave your story on the Quilt

Tue Jan 21 07:19:25 2003

Pull, pull, pull!! What are you so scared of?? And why do you threaten them with Oprah owning them????? Oprah doesn't want them!!! This was a mission to help women and you did NOTHING but cause HAVOC. So what if Oprah owns what we sent, why not Oprah instead of YOU??? She or you will not OWN the person, only the original correspondence that we send her! You make it sound like a Oprah Death Threat!! How do you think she GETS stories??? You have your own agendas, why can't you STATE that fact and let the women decide for themselves instead of using smoke screen scare tactics?? -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 07:32:41 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Be more than a statisic, be a pioneer! Leave your story on the Quilt I am not going to go into great length to answer this one. There was a huge discussion about this some time ago and I answered it more than adquately. In response to legitimate questions about ownership we spent considerable time (which distracted us from other efforts) to determine what was fair etc. We went to well known web sites like Oprah and Web MD and looked at their terms and conditions. If you compare our temrs and conditions with theirs you will see that our rules are more weighted towards the visitor, but we do need rules.
--

I invite you all to read our terms and conditions CAREFULLY and to look
back my posts of a month or so ago when all this came up. You will
notice incidentally that if you were to send your stories to Oprah
unsolicited, guess who would own them: OPRAH!! So the rules that we have
PROTECT the visitors to our site.

I do not want to repeat this again. If you have any questions then
please write to me directly - this is not a matter for the message
board, and any more postings like this will have to be pulled.

MESSAGE BOARD REFERENCE:
Sunday from Hell/Legal Issues/ Good news - PR Campaign

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: