End of the road!

Thu Feb 27 23:58:45 2003

Does anyone out there feel like they have exhausted all of their possibilities of recovery from this disease? I would like to know how long the journey was for you and what makes you think this is the end of the road (for recovery). Are you still on pain medications and what do you do to maintain your existence on a daily basis?I am a sufferer of adhesions as well but I have only had 4 surgeries, the last resulting in hysterectomy. My surgeries have been successful for approx. 4 months and then I begin to feel that tug again. At this rate I would have to have 2 surgeries a year in order to be on a somewhat comfortable level. I am currently taking Lortab 5/500 mg-2 tabs every 4 to 6 hrs. and they seem to be losing their power. Are there any other pain meds that might work better for me? I have been thru Tylenol 3, Darvocet, Percocet? I don't know what to ask for next. My dr.'s nurses give me the runaround when I need pain meds called in, so I would like to have my ducks in a row before calling them the next time to request a change of medications.

I am 4 mos. post op of a LAVH (laparoscopic assisted hysterectomy) leaving both of my ovaries. I am having bulging in the vulva area which the dr. says is my bladder. Has anyone ever had this? And what is the likelihood that my fallen bladder is causing pains that mimic my adhesions from before? Any ideas would be helpful. Sorry for such a long posting.

Everyone seems so supportive in this group and I believe it to be a Godsend to myself and my current situation.

Many happy and pain-free days to all!!!

--
LA

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: