Re: Did someone post a message that if you take pain med for pain-you won't get addicted?

Fri May 16 19:12:37 2003

Well, after my hysterectomy, they put me back on percoset four weeks later. I was very worried about becoming addicted because I had taken it before the hysterectomy for a month, then during the initial recovery.

My doctor said that if you are taking it for valid pain, not to worry. You don't get the euphoria someone who does not have pain will get when they are taking for recreational use. He was right, I've never gotten a euphoria feeling when I've taken percoset. It kills the pain and I'm able to do regular everyday activities! I can vacuum, dust, take care of my children and LIVE without holding my side or sitting most of the day because of pain.

There are some articles on pain management that have been posted here. Maybe do a search on the forum for addiction and that will lead you to some links on the matter.

Sorry I'm not much help, but I mainly wanted to say you aren't alone in your worry. I'm not currently on any pain medication, but I do know if I were, I'd be living a more full life instead of sitting around so much and wishing the pain would go away.

At Fri, 16 May 2003, Amanda wrote: >
>I was just wondering if this is true...if you take it strictly for pain,
>you
>won't get addicted?
>Thanks!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: