I need to know

Fri Sep 5 13:36:50 2003

1986, stabwound punctures sigmoid colon. "double-barrel" colostomy for 4 months while sigmoid healed. Colstomy reversed. Also lower tail of kidney punctured but was fixed post emergency room with laporoscopic surgery embolizing the lower tail of kidney.

2002-2003 Finally I've been crippled wih pain in my left lower abdomen area. Renal obstruction ruled out, even though the pain was a little low for that anyhow. Barrium enema with contrast rules out any signifigant obstruction.

Tylox and Vicodin make the problem worse. I haven't work in 11 months.

So from Urologist to Gastroenteralogist to Surgeon. I finally get to the surgeon the other day, and he schedules me for an MRI LUMBAR SPINE.

I don't think that will rule out adhesions, but the doc says adhesions are not a problem if the don't cause intestinal obstruction.

Does anyone know whether an MRI LUMBAR SPINE is a test that is needed when I never Complained about a sore back?

I seem to go back and forth with constipation and diahrrea. Probably constipated mostly. The only that works for me is 3 gallons of liquid, every day.

Thanks

--
Charlie S.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: