Re: Newbie Sticking It Out

Sun Jan 18 21:11:57 2004

Hey Newbie sticking it out. I have never wrote a reply before but I saw this and had to write. I am now 34 yoa and your story sounds so much like mine. I have had 13 surgerys all together. I have had endo for as long as I can remember. I started as a young child at 8 yoa. I stuck it out with one doctor in MD because each time he said it would get better. I was told I would never be able to have a child because my uterus was tilted, well I had premi-twins in 1992. I lost the next 4. My endo and adhesions was so painful that the doctor told me the only way for me to be pain free was to get pregnant or have a hysterectomy. Well dahhhh I had lost four so that was out and at the age of 31 I settled for the hysterectomy. I still suffered the Dr said it was all in my head. I convinced him to do another lap thats only because I told him I have another Dr who would if he did't. Well he cut a artery and had to do emergency surgery. He found that I had adhesions stuck to my colon, the bladder, the kidneys and from the hysterectomy they were all stuck to the vaginal cuff. He also used this great mesh stuff {not saying the name}. Four months later I continued to suffer at this point my husband started to think that I was crazy because the Dr said I would be like new, pain free, all the pain would be in my head. I found another Dr had surgery again and he found that all of this wonderful mesh had turned to plastic. Once again my colon, my bladder, my kidneys were stuck to my vaginal cuff this time by a big ball of plastic. I still have severe pain problems with my bladder, my bowles and now I feel it up to my lungs. I have gained 60 pounds, but at least now my husband knows its not all in my head.I will see how long I can stick this one out. They used the gel on the last and this time I have made it a little longer. I am up to 11 months now surgery free. Good luck, thank you board.

--
Carol from MD

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: