Re: First baby after Gasless-Laparoscopic for adhesions

Tue Mar 30 21:58:03 2004

Thanks for the congrats. I guess you never know if your adhesion free, becasue most adhesions don't seem to hurt. My wife delivered naturally and it has been almost 1 and a half months since then. I was kind of surprised when you said adhesions don't hurt during pregnancy. My wife has had bowell obstructions and also tremendous tugging of her upper abdominal organs from adhesions. I don't see how pregancy would hide that pain if she still had them. I guess we just wait and see. Its been about 8 months without pain, she can normally feel pain within 4 months of adhesions surgery, so we are feeling real good right now and will continue to monitor.

I was also a bit confused about your comment on Germany. I didn't mention Germany in my post becasue I try to follow the rules of the board and not promote doctors. But since you bought it up, I will respond. From almost everyone I know that has gone, maybe everyone, since my wives surgery July last year, they have responded to me with very positive results. I don't know about before my wives surgery, becasue I was not involved on this board or any other at the time. If my wife did have a reformation of adhesions, I would still go to the same doctor. It is my opinion that Gasless Laproscopy makes much more sense than normal Laproscopy, also, Spray Gel seems to be much more effective than Interceed. The biggest reason that I would take her to the same place is that the doctor was the kindest, sincerest doctor I have ever dealt with.

The reason I did not mention and still do not mention the doctor is that I just want to relay our resluts as they stand today and hope to share insight into what we have found against this horrible disease.

I hope this answers your questions.

Craig

t Thu, 25 Mar 2004, International Adhesions Society wrote: >
>From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of
>Janine Love
>Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 4:16 PM
>To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
>Subject: Re: First baby after Gasless-Laparoscopic for adhesions
>
>Hi Craig;
>
>Congratulations on the baby!! Sure glad to hear that it's
> healthy. A couple questions for you...1) Did your wife
>have natural child birth or a c-section? 2) How do you
>know she is adhesion free? During pregnancy it's hard
>to feel adhesions (this I know first hand) but when they
>opened me up I was FULL of them so much that they
>couldn't find my uterus although I was pregnant with
>a 9 1/2 pound baby. Just curious because I know most
>of us have looked into the surgery in Germany,
>but the results sure haven't been consistent.
>
>Thanks and enjoy that beautiful baby!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: