Re: My name is Tara and...

Thu Oct 7 10:32:32 2004

Tara,

I read your message and about Karla. My heart bled for you. I was searching the net to get info on adhesions. The surgery and pain I had, felt so huge to me. I have just started to recover and I was stunned reading about the others and felt petty about my own suffering. I live in India. When I was 18 I had a large ovarian cyst removed. Everything was ok for the next 12 yrs, I had a healthy baby too. Then as the periods got heavier and they found more cysts, a couple more surgeries and a hysterectomy, I thanked God that the worst was over. Now I am 39, 3 months ago I slipped a disc and the scan found an ovarian cyst. I had a laproscopy but the doc said she had the worst time getting through the adhesions. A month ago I started having severe pain in the abdomen and nausea. A scan found another larger ovarian cyst. The doc said she had to do a laprotomy with adhesiolysis. Post surgery spent a week without even fluids, nausea and pain...what a nightmare. Finally I started a liquid diet and then semi solids, was absolutely thrilled to be back home, drooling to eat food as in food. A day after, I had spasms in the upper abdomen that got unbearable, spent a night in pain and vomitting, by the morning I could not sip even water. I rushed to the hospital, and they asked to stop oral feeds. Again the nurses searched for my invisible veins and I lived on the fluids through the needle. It was three days before I felt the divine feeling of water in my mouth. I vowed that the next time I have adhesions I will take no treatment but just find a way to kill myself for I cant take it no more.

Cant express my admiration for the strength all those of you who have been in real pain have. I thank this forum for there is very little known to us(In India) about adhesions and their treatment. I am afraid of the pain. I want to know if there is anything I can do to prevent it. Should I have regular checkups? Is there some kind of diet I should follow or foods I should avoid. I am sorry if I sound very ignorant but I dont even know what to ask right now. Its a week now since I have been out of the hospital and want to go back to life the way it used to be...pain free.

I will pray very specially for Karla and the others who live in pain everyday. May you heal soon.

>
>```````````````````````````````````
>
>My name is Tara and I am suffering from this problem since I am 20 years
>old. My original surgery was for a very large ovarian cyst and 8 years
>and 7 surgeries later, I no longer have a gall bladder, an appendix, my
>left fallopian tube, my left ovary, and a few sections of my small
>intestine. I have not gone one year in the 8 without at least a month
>in the hospital and hyperal and lipids and portacaths and central lines
>and nasogastric tubes and lots of pain medication, etc. etc. You know
>the deal.

Enter keywords: