I am almost off meds

Thu Jan 27 16:25:38 2005

I have not posted for a long time. I just wanted to update on my progress....Like anyone cares, right? My name is Kristie and I live in California. I go to a pain clinic here in California which has helped me. Also this year, I went for 7 weeks to spend some time at the University of Utah with Dr Howard Sharp. He is one of the top 5 guys for pelvic pain....and he really helped me and made sense to me.

The pain clinic tried to do the oxycotin thing with me. I tired it, I got up to 90 mils 3 x's a day.... I decided myself to go off. So with their help, I am coming down. Today, I am at 10 mil 3 x's a day. my pain is still there. I have good days and bad ones. But I was having them with the oxy anyway. I would rather be off of them.....and if the pain gets uncontrolable. I'll take something.

I don't believe in the spray gel.....so I might be hated in here.

Dr Sharp told me to never let just any guy operate on me. So If I needed like my gall bladder out, I would likely go to the U of U or a teaching hospital like UCSF/Standford.....hopkins. or someplace where they would really know what they are doing.

I am happy with what I have accomplished. It's one of the hardest things I have ever done...and I am dang proud of myself.

I have either Lupus or FMS.....test keep coming back weird. So I am sure I would be feeling better if I didn't have that...... I hope you have pain free days.......If you want to know how I did the meds thing....feel free to write me. Kristie....

--
Let's be good to ourselves....Kristie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: