Could this be adhesions?

Tue May 24 18:14:51 2005

I had a TAH On Oct. 19, 2004 because of reoccuring ovarian cyst. The day after I was sent home I was admitted back to the castle b/c of a hematoma. After getting over that long recovery, I was fine. I felt like a new woman and thought I would be pain free forever!!!

Much to my surprise about a month ago I started having this reoccuring pain, just like it felt when I had a cyst on my ovaries in the past.

This pain continues to stay on my right lower abdomen side, again where my ovary WAS! Two weeks ago I made an appt. with my GYN and she did an U/S. Before we started, she started telling me how she wasn't going to find anything because all her parts have been taken out. So, of course, we did the U/S and NOTHING was found.

She said it could be a few adhesions but nothing more. She shrugged me off like it was nothing. I felt as if, she has received all the money out of me she can and has wiped her hands of me. Of course, as I was walking out she didn't forget to mention to me to still come back and see her once a year for a pap even though I have had a TAH, which I already knew.

The pain I am having is in and out all the time and it really intense at times. I did quit hurting for about a week but has decided to come back these last few days. My whole thing is, I had this surgery to keep this pain from happening and now it is BACK, without my ovaries! What is up?

I am so confused as to what this is and don't know where to turn.

Just a note: In November of 2004 I had a gallbladder surgery, because of gallstones after having a colonoscopy done and only finding a small benign pallop.

I lucked up and called my reg. doc. to try and get it today and she had an opening this morning. Went in and she was basically stumped, it seemed. Since they did a vag. u/s two weeks ago at my GYN she decided to do two more tests. She did an xray, which came out fine and then a urine test, which again came out fine. She explained to me that she thinks it might be adhesions. We looked through my GYN records that I had and come to find out, I have had adhesions in the past when my GYN did my Ovarian Cyst Surgeries and my TAH. Remind you, my GYN NEVER mentioned these to me at all, which perturbed me.

Basically since I had a colonoscopy in Nov. 2004, a CT Scan in Nov. 2004, gallbladder removal in Dec. 2004 and a vag. U/S in May 2005 and all of these turned out fine, she is assuming it is adhesions. She has referred me to a Gen. Surgeon, which is whom did my Gallbladder removal, the best part is HE IS AWESOME!!! They will be calling me today or Monday to schedule an appt. with him. She told me that it is obviously either adhesions or the only other thing it could be is my appendix, which she SERIOUSLY doubts. She said the thing about the appendix is it hits you hard and is not inconsistent like the pain I am having. She said he will consult me and then decide if we should go in laproscopically to see if any adhesions are noted.

I will tell you that when she was doing an abdonimal exam, she started pushing in on my right side of my lower abdomen. IT HURT SO BAD!!! My pain wasn't too bad at the time before she did this but afterwards, ON MY HEAVENS! It started hurting so badly after that. She said that it could be where the adhesion(s) are and it irritated them. I told her she irritated something in there...LOL!

So, to you who have had or has adhesions, does this sound like a famaliar pain for you? Is this how they start? I am headed to look up some info on them on the web but more info from ladies who are experienced with it would be great!

I am just so happy she was willing to listen and is TRYING to help me figure out the pain! Now, just hoping the Gen. Surgeon can find something just so I will have an answer!

Please help me with any advice or prognosis you can give. As said, I don't know where to turn!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: