Re: Adominal and Pelvic Adhesions causing one kidney to have died.

Wed Aug 17 20:49:27 2005

Karen,

I am sorry to hear about your problems with scar tissue. I just read your post about your ureter stents. I have had the same problem, but I don't understand why they told you they could do nothing. Is the scar tissue on the outside or the inside? Mine was on the inside and I had it removed 4 times on the left side with ureteroscopy and then finally had to have the ureter reimplanted in the bladder after cutting off the bad spot and stretching the tube and blader to meet. I now only have 25% function of the left kidney. Now I am having problems on the right side and have had 2 stents already on that side. I still now have the 2nd stent and am hoping the scar tissue will not come back, but the dr. is not hopeful because of previous problems. But they can do what they did on the left side to the right side so I won't compromise my right kidney also. Of course, it does involve an open incision and more scar tissue, but I would prefer to keep my kidney. Write me back and let me know your exact problem and I hope something can be done for you.

Ann

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: