SSA Disability Application Update

Wed Apr 12 22:17:39 2006

I applied for SSA on Aug 27th. I am at the 7th month mark.

The records were sent, prepared a presentation notebook with tab dividers so they could not misunderstand [I hope].

March 6th & April 11th, were 2 exams SSA set up, they call them CE's, consultation exams. One test was for lungs which is not what I feel disables me. The second appt was to verify I am a real person and not some scammer. The CE was done by Family Practice gent a few miles from my home. He feels I should have disability but who knows what weight he carries.

My disease is Adhesions and 2 entero-colonic fistula's that communicate between small and large bowel [complication of adhesions and to many surgeries]. They showed up 9 years after my last surgery [fistula's]. This is considered a rare condition but IS on the list of SSA impairments they consider disabling but under the category of "Regional Enteritis"].

There is a high turn down rate when one applies, estimated at 70% of applicants get denied, and 85% get denied on appeal which leads to Fed court.

I was told if you have a disease on SSA's impairment list, your chances of winning at the first round is good.

My next update will be the decision phase.

I have gotten no more questionnaires since the first one they send a month after I applied which was 9 questions regarding pain management and how it affects activities.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: