Re: Accupuncture? and venting

Fri Feb 6 08:22:56 2009

Hi, Stacy! My adhesions are in my right shoulder, so one of the things I tried was physical therapy along with acupuncture. It didn't seem to work great on its own, but in conjunction with muscle/adhesion stripping it worked much better. I certainly understand your frustration with the ER and pain. I went through the same thing-they assumed I was there as a pain addict and in fact, the second time the ER refused to treat me! They told me I needed to see my regular doctor. I spent many nights awake in pain and many days in bed depressed because so many people thought my pain was "all in my head". Acupuncture seems to work well for some people, but not for others. It's certainly worth a try! Brandy

________________________________=0AFrom: Stacy <stacygilmore@wowway.com>=0ATo: Multiple recipients of= It's certainly worth a try! Brandy

__________________________ list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Friday, February 6, 2009 8:24:09 AM Subject: Accupuncture? and venting

Hi everyone.  I am desperate for some help and a friend suggested I try acupuncture.  Has anyone tried this in the past? I am so miserable.  I have had two surgeries over the last two years and am no better off.  I have done two different injections with a pain doc, which haven't helped or actually made things worse for a few days.  Now my Dr wants me to go back because he thinks they need to do one in a different area than was previously done.  He only gave me a small amount of pain meds to tide me over until I get in to see the pain doc again.  I do not have a lot of faith in these injections.  I have been to the ER a couple times in the last six months and am so sick and tired of being treated like I am drug seeking.  They are so blatantly rude to me and my pain.  I am so frustrated.  By the end of the day I am in so much pain I am not able to function.  Who can help us?

Sorry for the rambling. Wishing a pain free day for aww.adhesions.org/forums/message.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: