Re: fMRI

Tue Feb 24 18:17:31 2009

HI Nisha, It would be just great to have this FMRI test,it would save on so many tests, suffering and cost + time for all of us with Adhesion's; just think of it,the Dr would not say its all in your head go home, what a tool for the surgeon's that could go right to were the adhesion's are with a scope. without cutting us wide open!!!!!! Do you have surgeon's in England that use Sraygel if not their are Dr's in Germany that do adhesion sraygel surgery and soon it will be in the US. Lou

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 7:08 AM, <NishaSeth@aol.com> wrote: >
> Hi Mark, thanks for this info. Do you know where in Germany/which doctors  are actually using this MRI technique in practice? My husband works with  MRI manufacturers and any further detail on the manufacturer of equipment actually able to perform advanced techniques  in this area (or is it the doctors interpretation which has advanced?) will be a  a step forward in approaching the appropriate medical team to see if they can help me. I know Germany very well as my mother is German and have every faith in the medical system there.
>
> I'm in England and I have to say, yes we have a good system in the NHS, but I have suffered for 10-15 years with what was either supposed to be either IBS or 'maybe adhesions'. However no-one ever did anything about it or advised me how to help myself, jsut did diagnostic tests to rule everything else out. Now the pain after my original surgery for a twisted omentum in 1993 on top of 2 sections , (last one  4 years ago) have re-started. After my first  nasty emergency section experience,  I was told (after a lap) that the bladder was stuck to the abdo wall, so was advised to have another section rather than natural birth  to deliver my twins. Since then I  have developed a very obviously inward pulling scar on my tummy higher up which in my opinion is causing problems with my digestion from my original op, but some doctors even say it is just cosmetic as I've lost weight after my children! They rarely take my  typical bowel symptons seriously and I just have to stop eating for days to get any respite. I have now started with more acute symptons pain and d/v every couple of months  and was in hospital for a week in October with 'probable small bowel obstruction'.  I've had the MRI and it wasn't very useful just ruled out major disease which obviously is a plus. It seems that this may have been going on for some years. However now  the choice for me is confirm what's going on  appears to be to start from the beginning again (!) and have another sigmoid and laparoscopy  and finally a laparatomy at the same time to free (if what is 'suspected') major abdo and pelvic adhesions are found. However  I scar very easily even from keyhole and as I have ME/fibromyalgia I have long term recovery from any diagnostic procedure, let alone major surgery - hence I can't  just agree to this 'on the hoof'. Obviously I don't want to get reformation of adhesions so it would really help to know from pictures how far the doctors are right and whether I could just live with this as i hav
e done for 10-15 years or if I am now risking tot mily who need looking after, everything needs to be planned and I'm not keen on what I often feel is another long fishing trip, but this means living in the miserable limbo or recurring episodes of illness. Confident MRI diagnosis of adhesions has to be a great advance in avoiding all the long winded stress that invasive diagnosis means for all of us and our families. >
> Thanks and all the best to you all,
>
> Nisha

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: