Re: Adhesions Disability

Fri Jul 23 22:34:59 2010

I have an appt. Next week with my lawyer to " prepare" for my hearing before the ALJ sometime in September. I'm scheduled for yet another surgery at UPMC-Magee on 8/16 to remove a pelvic mass which they think are more ovarian remnants that have returned. The surgery is cosidered risky due to the massive adhesions and it's a possibility I could end up with a colostomy or he could open me up and say it's too dangerous to try and just close me back up. I'm really scared about this one. I know it sounds kindof bad, but I wonder if this will help my case any? With my surgery being so close to the hearing date I'll definitely have a hard time walking. Ugh! I hate that first feeling of awareness once you wake up from surgery, all the immense pain, it's so awful and of course I'm not looking forward to it at all, but no other options are left to get rid of them(the remnants).

--
dawn

On Jul 18, 2010, at 12:06 AM, "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote:

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Marlene Wheeler Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:28 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Adhesions Disability

Don't give up! You have to keep on them.. It took me about 3 to 4 years to get mine..Lots of denials, and ending up going to court. Luckily the Judge and Medical Dr they used were understanding. They told me in the beginning it might take a while. Don't give up, I think sometimes that's what they want you to do. Good Luck! Marlene

Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:23:23 -0500 From: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net Subject: Adhesions Disability

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of WendyEbbe3@aol.com Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2010 10:24 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Adhesions Disability

I've had an Attorney from the beginning and I've been denied like 6 times now. The Attorney filed a new claim and that was denied. I've been trying for about 4 years now. I lost my job December of 2008, I'm lucky that my Employer had Long Term Disability insurance but it's not enough to pay the bills and I make too much to get any assistance from the County or the State of MN. I wish whoever makes the decisions on disability could feel the pain we go through and the lack of having a life. I would rather be dead than just merely exist. Wendy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: