diverticulitis

Thu Aug 12 11:29:51 1999

Hello, everyone. I am new to this forum, but I've been reading some of the recent messages. Please forgive me if this subject has been addressed. A brief background: I suffer from constant pain in the colon area as a result of (first) endometriosis, followed by four laparoscopies and a laparotomy, ending with a complete hysterectomy a year ago. During the long diagnostic procedure (I think all of you have gone through it!), diverticulosis was found. This, of course,is common and not serious. However, I have recently been suffering from attacks of diverticulitis--the more serious and ever so much more painful result. Upon doing research, I have found that one of the things that can cause an attack of diverticulitis is CONSTRICTION OF THE COLON MUSCLES. Well, since I have adhesions (taken down in each surgery, returning quickly and worse each time; same old story) CONTSTRICTING THE COLON doesn't it make sense that this added complication would be an expected outcome? Please let me know if any of you have heard of this connection or have suffered in this way. By the way, I do have have a GI doc who is, I'm sure, quite good, but is also condescending and dismissive. Same with gyn (not the first during this 3-year ordeal). My GP is not condescending, but is also not too helpful. Anyway, I plan to become a regular on this forum; it's great to know I'm not the only one even though I'm sorry for everyone else!

--
Ellen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: