Re: Rachel

Mon Aug 30 00:28:11 1999

At Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Peggy wrote: >
>Hi Rachel,Although it is not specified in the literature about
>Interceed{which is an adhesion barrier} it can be used through
>laporscope.MY Dr. did it with me.He said tat the interceed could be
>rolled up so small that he could do it with the laporscope and he
>did.Although I have my doubts that the interceed helped me little if at
>all.But this is something that you might want to ask your surgeon.
>"FRIENDS THAT STICK TOGETHER" PEGGY

Peggy has a very good point. If you can, you may even want to wait for Intergel approval.It is slated for possible FDA approval at the beginning of the year. A panel of FDA physicians is in the process of reviewing the laparotomy clinical trial data now. SueAnn Murray, who was in a laparoscopic clinical trial in Pgh., had very good results with it. (Please see her e-mails.) I have contacted Lifecore Biomedical,(the makers, and although they could not be specific, the pilot study looked promising, the laparotomy results appear promising, and laparoscopic clinical trials are now being held. It may not be the panacea we are all waiting for, but I have my fingers crossed. The raw surfaces resulting on the peritoneal wall after adhesiolysis always readhere to the structures underneath in my case, and I am hoping that this substance will prevent that from happening I understand ease of use is much better than other barrier products. All the Best Wishes for Whatever You Decide, from another friend who does indeed stick together.

--
Anne Hayashi

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: