Barium enama and adhesion

Sun Nov 28 09:16:25 1999

Hi, I am having a Barium Enema tomorrow and doing all the prep things today. I know what they are looking for and I am almost sure they will find a blockage of some sort. I go back to the GI(he is the one that order the Barium) Tuesday and then to see the Surgeon on Thursday. I know and my GI knows that I have adhesion that are causing problems with my Intestines, constipation and dia. I am hoping that the surgeon will order the surgery for the following week and that it is NOT just day surgery. My last surgery was Aug. and it was almost 5 hours long due to all of the adhesion. It took the Dr almost an hour just to get to my left ovary. I read the report and on the report it says, Massive adhesions everywhere. I know that more surgery can and probably will cause my adhesion, but I can not continue in the pain I am in. My husband and I have not been able to make love in over 3 months due to pain, I can not love on my 3 year old like I use to be able to because of the pain. Since November of 98 I have had 3 surgeries. Nov. Ovarian suspention/uterus ablation/endo

Mar. Vaginal Hyst with right ovary removed(suspention did not work)

Aug. Recto./cysto/left ovary removed/hernia/excesse tissue/adhesions(covered)...this surgery was done by a large incision.

So now I am looking at more surgery to "fix" all of the others. But I really need it because I can not continue this way. I am like alot of you, thoughts of "ending it", running away, why bother...I have been through all of them. But I can't let them get me down anymore. So please feel free to Email me to let me know what I am going through is not all in my mind, sometimes I feel like I am losing it. Thank you in advance for your help. Cyn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: