>ward and I found out that the final block they use a destructive agent
>to actually kill off the nerve whih grows back in 6-8 months. So I
>talked to her about having trigger point injectios in tender spots on
>stomach 1st since that is the less serious procedure.She is willing but
>acted like she has never done it in the abdomen before. I'll be
>canceling that appt. also. Has anyone had trigger point injections in
>there abdomen? And WELCOME HOME PEGGY!!! Hope everything went well and
>you are home. Let us know how it went. Thanks Jaynie

Hi Jaynie , Sorry it has taken so long to respond I was just going through all the posts. With having surgery I am not on for to long with having to sit at the computer I have to do a little at a time,I just wanted to let you know that I did have the trigger point injections done back in February 1999. Unfortunattly they did not help at all. My Dr. thought the pain was coming from the anterior wall (He called it anterior wall syndrome ) but after the 2nd shot and having no relief our hopes were shattered. I did agree to go through with all 4 injections in hopes for a miracle but that never happened. This is how my surgeries went- I had the hysterectomy on April 6th 1998 with the removal of the left ovary and tube I was discharged on April 9th only having to return back to the hospital on April 16th with an infection that had to be taken care of surgically.I was discharged from this on April 19th.( The infection was caused from the Dr. missing a stitch during surgery as he openly admitted ) I was feeling o:k for about 6-8 weeks and the pain returned on the left side. After my Dr. left the group that I had been with for about 18 years I felt that I should follow him into the new group that he was going to ,but after being pushed around to many other Drs. and this Dr. not willing to do a laporoscopy on me to see what the heck was going on, I decided to go back to the group that I was with originally and the Senior partner of this group has been my Dr. since (October 1998 )He is the one that did the laporoscopy on October 23rd 1998 and found that I had severe pelvic and abdominal adhesions. With this surgery I was feeling pretty good again for about 6-8 weeks and the pain returned on the left side again.This is when my Dr. recommended that I have the steriod injections done to the lower left quadrant.My Dr. has done this on about a dozen women so really not many when you think about it. So maybe your Dr. hasn't done the shots to the abdomin before. I did have the injections put in exactly where the pain was but slightly off the spot each time as to not inject into the exact spot each time.But as I said before they did not help me so I was scheduled for another laporoscopy on April 29th 1999 and again the Dr. found an extensive amount of adhesions ,he lysed them and applied interceed at this time.The pain returned again about 2 weeks after the surgery.So I was sent for a colonoscopy to rule out problems being associattted with the bowels and also had a cystoscopy to rule out problems being urilogical.Then he sent me to a pain management Dr. and I was put on Methadone Klonopin and Athrotec. These medications seemed to help at first but as time went on and my body adjusted to the medications they did not work as well.I did not care for the pain management Dr. so I called my primary care physician and he recommended someone else. The new pain management Dr. has taken me off the klonopin and the arthrotec because we both felt that they were not helping me at all.He is the one that recommended that I have another laporoscopy done to take care of any adhesions that had reformed.I just had the surgery on November 22nd and to my Drs. surprise I had absolutely no adhesions there at all. Though he did find some endometriosis Which he thought might be the problem.Right now I am cautiously optimistic that he has found and taken care of the problem.I am still quite sore from the surgery and will not know about the pain until I am healed .Sorry for this being so long but sometimes it helps just telling others what I have been through which I feel is too much in such a short time.I have had to go under general anesthstesis(sp) 5 times in 1 1/2 years.I am praying that this is it for me . How much can the body take ? Well if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask , I will help as much as I can. "FRIENDS THAT STICK TOGETHER" PEGGY

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: