Re: UPDATE ON BARBARA PAUL'S SURGERY OF 8/21 - THERE IS HOPE

Sun Sep 17 21:31:22 2000

Linda,

As far as I know Bev is the person on this list that had her surgery the longest ago. Her's was approximately a year and a half ago. I do know that Dr. Reich has changed the procedure he used several years ago and that Bev is probably one of the earliest since having done so.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: Linda Halford <libra1945@hotmail.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2000 9:11 PM Subject: Re: UPDATE ON BARBARA PAUL'S SURGERY OF 8/21 - THERE IS HOPE

> I'm presuming you had your surgery August 2000. Does anyone know patients > who have had Adhesiolysis by Drs. Reich and Redan several years ago and have > not had reoccurring adhesions? Thanks so much. > > >From: DWRon@aol.com (Ron/Barbara Paul) > >Reply-To: adhesions@obgyn.net > >To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS > ><adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> > >Subject: UPDATE ON BARBARA PAUL'S SURGERY OF 8/21 - THERE IS HOPE > >Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 17:37:00 -0500 > > > >Drs. Reich and Redan performed surgery on Barbara on Aug. 21. She > >suffered from very severe,but localized tugging pain that 25 mg. of > >morphine did not relieve. We tried everything including magnets and > >acupuncture. The pain clinic we had gone to referred us back to our > >surgeon(for the 4th time),but we decided that we would go to Drs. Reich > >and Redan. The surgery did not take very long(we expected 4-5 hours and > >it took only an hour and a half). The doctors removed her gall bladder > >and lysed only a few adhesions. She was fine for about 5 days after the > >surgery and then the pain returned!! We were frantic and called the > >doctors' office in Pennsylvania. They told us it was too early to be > >frustrated. They suggested a bland diet and Mylanta for a few days. AND > >THE PAIN IS NOW GONE!!!! > >Barbara had been suffering terribly before the operation. > >THERE IS HOPE. Those who suffer should consider consulting these > >wonderful doctors. > >Dr. Redan continued to contact Barbara after the surgery by e-mail to > >see how she is doing. He has always answered my e-mail inquiries as > >well. > >We hope to continue on a path of recovery and good health. > > > >Barbara & Ron Paul > > >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: