EXERCISE....WATER....ATTITUDE....DISTRACTION => ALL HELP DIGESTIVE SYSTEM...

Sun May 13 12:15:19 2001

>From a message, which was posted by Kate G: "It is my belief that walking
probably keeps your digestive tract on track, and helps to keep you from becoming 'backed up'. A good deal of the pain is from sluggish digestion and bowels."

~ ~ ~ ~

I am not a medical professional, but I want to respond to Kate G's message:

I have read that exercise helps to release the brain's natural endorphins... thus helping to make endorphins -- our brain's natural morphine -- available to our body for pain relief.

I have also read that water makes up the greatest percentage of the human body. Thus sufficient water is needed to help rid our body of toxins. It is recommended that we drink at least two quarts ( at least 8 - 8oz glasses ) of water each day. It is a known fact that we can exist for a long time without food; but WATER is very essential for our body!

Our attitude about our chronic pain can also play a big part in how much pain we perceive. When we are enjoying ourselves -- when we are able to laugh, etc, -- our brain releases more of these pain-relieving endorphins.

When we are able to "distract" ouselves from the pain we are experiencing, more of the pain-relieving endorphins from our brain will be able to function at their best..

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: