off-beat humor

Tue May 22 12:26:17 2001

OK, things are getting too serious around here (with the exception of Chrissie and her stripes!) so I thought I'd share some of my warped humor with you guys. I can't help myself, I figure we can laugh or we can cry about the shape we are in so I choose....laughter. :) I warned you guys early on I had a bizarre sense of humor. Really, I hope you guys take this the way it is intended and please don't get offended....

Here is my unofficial, still-being-edited, 10 ways to tell you have adhesions or ARD (including IBS):

10) Before, your floors looked like you could eat off of them. Now it looks as though everyone did. (who feels like cleaning anymore, anyway) 9) Your medicine cabinet looks like a miniature Walgreen's. 8) There is a barf-bag next to the K-Y in the night-table. 7) You think prunes and Wheat Germ go with whatever else is on the dinner menu. 6) You know where all the bathrooms are within a ten mile radius of your house. 5) You've decorated your home around the colors in your heating pads, which double as throw-pillows when not in use. 4) You don't think it's odd to have a tv, magazine rack and telephone in the bathroom. (Doesn't everybody?) 3) You are on a first-name basis with the staff of the ER room and your local doctor's office. 2) Pin-up of the doctor who "cured" you on the bedroom wall.

and the #1 way to tell you have adhesions/ARD/IBS... the wonderful loving support of all the marvelous people on this list who understand and are always there for you. Thank you everybody!!!!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: