Don't Know What To Do - Need Help!

Fri Oct 11 09:31:07 2002

Good Morning Everyone, I'm beside myself. I've been off work due to being disabled from adhesions - the doctor believes they're attached to my bowels or colon. I saw the gyno on Wednesday and they were trying to get me schedule for surgery on Tuesday (10/15) but they were sure due to his assistant being on vacation. Anyway I got a call this morning from the hospital going over the surgery info which indicated my surgery was scheduled for Tuesday. Then the doctor's nurse called to inform me they can't do it until November 5 because he needs to have his assistant (which I think is responsbile of him) but what am I suppose to do until the 5th of November. My primary took me off work and I am blessed to get full pay while off. I'm scared about waiting the 5th - not only is that 3 more weeks of living this way and missing work and being isoloated and then if the surgery doesn't go well and he has to do a laporotomy instead of the laporscopy it will be an additional 6 weeks after that - making be off for over 2 months. I did just start this new job (it's within the same corporation). The gyno has me on a cancellation list (he only does surgery on Tuesdays). And if it an emergency they'll do the procedure than...meaning i have to be dying in pain and go off to the ER. We all know how those ER visits go and how the pain goes in waves. One hour I'm doubled over and can't move and the next I just in the dull pain. I hate this and don't know what to do. How am I to wait until the 5th and explain to work about all of this. Thanks for listening to me vent and any input would be so appreciated.

--
Robyn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: