Re: Anybody's adhesions CAUSED by gallbladder removal?

Fri Dec 3 23:55:19 2004

I've been on a liquid formula and low fat residue diet (bananas, applesauce, rice...) for a bit over a year. With 1800 cals from the enteral formula every day, I'm not losing any weight at all.I've only had three abd. surgeries but the gallbladder one was a mess-I was in the hospital for weeks before they could get me stabilized enough to even do the surgery.Strangely enough I found this site through someone at Big Fat Blog (*WAVES*)

The formula I drink, Peptamen, is completly predigested so it works even if you're malabsorbing. There are other medical formulas like that, I just like the taste of this one (<G>) Modulen tastes pretty good too. I was ready to shoot myself from the pain every time I ate, then the dietician suggested this stuff, and now life is much better. I was also without any energy and m y bloodwork looked terriable. Boring diet but less n ausea, very little pain...and my bloodwork looks great!The stuff is expensive, though.

--
Margaret

>Margaret, >Are you on a liquid diet? If so, for how long? >And how much weight have you lost? I am curious, because this maybe one >of the side effects of ARD disease.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: