Re: surgery?

Mon Jun 13 18:53:04 2005

Hi Moe,

I hope for your sake that one more surgery will help, but be aware that it may make things worse. Adhesions will grow where they are cut in many of us, and you could find yourself fighting the pain of adhesions at the same time as the pain of survery.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but you should have all the info up front so you make a well informed decision. Can you consult a pain management Dr.?? I have to say that I always hated the idea of having to take medicine, especially narcotics - I am a writer and I was worried about being able to think clearly, drive, etc. However, the pain that I was in was so bad many days I could not even get out of bed or off the couch. When I went to pain mgmt they worked with me on all levels, medicine, mental health, and light exercise. It took 8 months to get to a point where I was back to my live about 70% and I was thrilled...and today I deal daily with a pain level of about 6 on average, but I'm able to live my life and although I am not as sharp as I used to be writing wise - I'm better than I was and I go to work every day, volunteer with the RedCross, and for awhile I was even able to get back to Tae Kwon Do. Today I can't do the TKD, but I'm sitll working and volunteering.

I am not a good candidate for surgery any longer because I have had 14 surgeries .. Dr.s can't see the surgical landmarks any longer for all the adhesions. But - I thank God for every day I can get out of bed and go...I accept that I'll never be pain free. I can't do any more than that.

I would offer you this thought - go to you Dr. and ask for a referral to pain mgmt before considering your next surgery. I wish you the best of luck... hang in there.

--
DT

> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] > On Behalf Of mantoinete@aol.com > Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 10:41 PM > Subject: Re: surgery? > > I think one more surgery will help but it > will just cause more adhesionss. I wonder > if I can live with a low fever and these > horrific pains, day in and out????????????

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: