Re: Update from surgery on March 3 2009

Thu Mar 5 07:30:02 2009

At Wed, 4 Mar 2009, HERB F DIXON wrote: > Thank you, Cheryl!These nasty cysts are the cause of adhesions, according to my surgeon and what I've read. They cause even worse adhesions if they rupture, which my first one did. The true test of success will be evident as the healing goes on. They did find one other condition that I have thru all this testing, which is a congenital condition called pancreas divisum. It means you have 2 pancreatic ducts instead of one. It can cause chronic pancreatitis and/or pancreatitis like symptoms. These symptoms are almost identical to adhesion symtpoms. My tests for that didn't show any evidence of pancreatitis or pancreatic damage. Since the adhesions were wrapped around my gall bladder, I'm sure that was the cause of the pain located in that area. I've been eating and haven't had any of the usual pain, bloating and nausea that i had before surgery, so I'm calling it a success.It is a bummer to have to need another surgery, especially when it could have been done this week. I understand the legal issues, though. My surgeon said it's a same day, 2 incision surgery, so it should be pretty simple. I'll do it to prevent more cysts and potentially more adhesions any day! I hope your day is going OK for you. I'm going to go back andrest. It's kinda hard because I'm feeling energetic again already! YEAH! I want this for you, too!
Kris >I am SOOOOOO Happy for you Kris! I had cysts on both of my ovaries, that at seperate times ruptured and bled into the ovaried, very painful, and I was so happy to have them removed. Just wish it would have been done all at once and not 3 seperate surgeries. It is too bad that they have to go back in. I sure hope you have insurance. You get plenty of rest, take care. Cheryl D.
>
>> Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 14:29:06 -0600
>> From: krisl1204@yahoo.com
>> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
>> Subject: Update from surgery on March 3 2009
>>
>> Hi, all! I just got home from the hospital after my adhesion surgery
>> yesterday. My surgeon removed adhesions that were wrapped around my
>> gall bladder and my colon on the right side. He also removed adhesions
>> on my left side. Additionally, he found a golf ball size "chocolate
>> cyst" on my right ovary. He called an OB/GYN surgeon in to remove that
>> as well. He wanted him to remove the ovary as well, but the OB/GYN